- THE BUILDING
- GUEST ROOMS
- GUEST SERVICES
- Guest Reviews
Take an organized tour ! There is no better way to take in the various attractions Arequipa offers in a short period of time. Our staff helps arrange excursions around the city and in different parts of the region. After consulting with you, our front desk will recommend tours that suit your level of interest and budget. Tour costs vary according to whether they are private or group and the number of persons. Private tours are tailored precisely to match your schedule and objectives.
Various options follow. Need more information? Just ask us!
CITY TOURS (3 hrs)
This is a walking tour which makes the following main stops:
* The Basilica Cathedral & Main Square This 18th century cathedral – and the surrounding plaza – is the architectural centerpiece of Arequipa.
*Fundo el Fierro. This traditional colonial era house offers locally made art and crafts for sale.
* Claustros y Iglesia de la Compania This unique Church and Spanish Seminary is an example of intricate carved sillar design, one of the unique hallmark’s of Arequipa’s look
* Casa de Tristan del Pozo, A wonderful colonial-era house
*Monastery of Santa Catalina. This 500- year-old monastery is a must-see for visitors to Arequipa
Optional (For an additional fee)
* Santuarios Andinos Museum, and La Recoleta, one of the oldest and best preserved colonial neighborhoods of Arequipa
COUNTTRYSIDE TOURS (3 hrs)
This is a driving and walking tour with the following key stops:
· Mirador de Sachaca This lookout station offers a spectacular panoramic view of the Arequipa region
· Mansion del Fundador A well-preserved country mansion constructed in the era of Arequipa’s founding in the mid 16th century
· Molino de Sabandia An Arequipeno style mill, over two centuries old, offering a glimpse into 18th century life in the region
· Mirador de Carmen Alto, A lookout featuring great views of the Chili River
· Iglesia San Miguel Arcangel de Cayma (XVIII century baroque-mestizo church)
· Plaza Yanahuara y Mirador A wonderful church and lookout spot for the three active volcanoes near Arequipa
The Colca Canyon is a stunningly attractive gorge more than 10,000 feet deep, located four to five hours by car north of Arequipa. A Colca excursion makes for one of the most memorable attractions in southern Peru.
The sights are spectacular -- from the mighty condors doing their ritualistic sweep around the rim every morning to the breathtaking views of rock formations, flora and fauna.
We offer one and two day tours around the rim and a three day trekking tour in the canyon.
ONE DAY TOUR
· Departure early morning and returns late the same day.
TWO DAYS TOUR
· Departs Arequipa around 8 am and returns the next day at around 4 pm.
· For overnight stays in the Colca region there is a good range of lodging options available.
· All tours include a driver, guide and transportation. (Tickets for entrance are extra.)
· The rates for these tours depend on several factors, including the size of the tour, whether it is private or group, and the level of accommodation selected in the Colca.
CUAPA WATERFALL AREQUIPA TREK
This trekking tour takes guests through the small canyons and volcanoes surrounding Arequipa, climaxing at the dramatic Capua Waterfall.
Five hours of hiking
An optional stop at a hot spring.
Length: 7 am - 3 pm
Costs vary according to the size of the group.
RAFTING ON THE CHILI RIVER
Float at a moderate pace down the Chili, a wonderful river that runs through Arequipa and winds into the south of Peru.
· Morning or afternoon departures available.
· Rafting time on the river: 1 hr, 45 min.
· Tour Includes transfers, equipment, & a guide.
· Rate varies according to the size of the group.
SALINAS LAGOON BIRD WATCHING TOUR
This tour consists of sight-seeing through Arequipa’s countryside
· You will catch great views of ducks, eagles, flamingos, hummingbirds and other bird species, as wellas llamas, alpacas and vicunas.
· This is a full day excursion that includes transfers and a guide.
· Rates vary according to group size.